VMAX857 Hi Performance Battery Reviews | April 2018
Here we provide the details review of vmax 857 hi performance battery. In this guide, you learn all there is to know about this marine battery. I wanted to buy a battery that could power my boat without weighing it down. I also wanted a battery that was easy to load and unload, as well as not take too much space. A friend recommended this battery because he knew my boat was powered by a 30lb thrust motor.
On the first day, I used it for over six hours, trolling as much as I needed to. I went home, and it was able to charge fully for less than an hour. Obviously, it was not depleted that much. Let us take a look at some of its benefits and features.
Vmax857 Tm AGM 12 Volt 35AH Hi Battery Details:
- Weighs 25 pounds;
- Measures 7.7″w by 5″d by 6.1″h;
- Nominal voltage 12V;
- 20 Hour Capacity of 35AH;
- RC of 75;
- CCA of 300;
- MCA of 390;
- Charging current of 3A-15A;
- Charging voltage of 14.4V to 14.9V;
- Float Voltage of 13.5V to 13.8V;
This deep cycle rv battery gets its unique abilities from its internal chemical and physical structure. These chemical balance and physical strength of its cell plates and electrolyte make it far superior to other common batteries. Most common batteries are based on lead-carbide plates. These tend to be heavy and bulky. Inside this battery is the Absorbed Glass Matt. This glass makes the battery performance immune to shock and vibration. Vibrations are one of the things that negatively affect the performance of the wet lead acid batteries, making them less suitable for trolling. Its structure also allows it to tolerate quick charging as well as deep discharges.
Features and Their Benefits
- The VMAXTANKS Vmax857 Tm AGM weighs only 25 pounds, which is light enough not to burden your trolling motor. With its compact dimension of only 7.7″w by 5″d by 6.1″h, you can comfortably keep several of them in your battery bank.
- It has a nominal voltage of 12, which is ideal for operating your devices optimally. This battery can be operated continuously for hours while discharging a current of 35A each hour. This battery can discharge a current of 25A for 75 minutes, before its voltage drops to 10.5V, while being operated at a temperature of 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This battery comes with a CCA of 300. Meaning, you can use it crank your starter motor at 300A for thirty seconds, before your total voltage drops below 10.5V, when being operated at zero degrees Fahrenheit. That feature is important to know if you intend to work during winter.
- This battery is capable of providing 390A for thirty seconds at a temperature of 32 degrees Fahrenheit. That is more than enough to start your engine. If you are trolling, you do not need to draw that much current within thirty seconds. The reserve capacity current of 75A provided by this battery is sufficient to power your trolling motor.
- This battery is shock resistant. You can expose it to vibrations without damaging its cells or experience a sharp decline in performance. That is one major advantage of the AGM construction that you cannot get from the wet lead-acid batteries. That is why they are the best agm deep cycle battery.
- It is Light weight;
- It charges faster;
- You do not need to service it;
- It has a longer life span;
- This battery is not affected by vibrations;
- You can charge it with as little current as 3A;
- This battery will not sulfate, which is why lead batteries have short life cycles;
- This battery costs slightly more than a regular battery;
- You need to have a special Charger for it to charge properly;
- There is no way to check the internals of this battery;
How long can this deep cycle rv battery keep my two-seater Minn Kota’s motor running?
Answer: The speed of your boat and the prevailing wind conditions. If you are going at a higher speed, you should expect the battery to last a shorter time. If you are going at a lower speed, the battery will last longer. If the air is calm, the battery will also last longer compared to when you are going against the wind.
How long can I use the battery before I need to replace it?
Answer: Each battery has a specific life span that it cannot exceed. This life span is measured in the number of complete charges and discharges the battery can handle under specific conditions. The more power your motor draws from the battery, the faster you will approach the end of its lifespan.
Do I need a special Charger for this battery?
Answer: Yes you will need to have a special Charger for this battery. Using a generic or ordinary battery charger will almost certainly damage your battery. The generic chargers do not safeguard the cells of this battery from overcharging.
The VMAXTANKS Vmax857 Tm AGM is one of the best deep cycle rv battery you will ever buy. If you are looking for extra reliability, you should buy at least two. Why? Because batteries perform better and last longer if you avoid pushing them to extreme limits. There is always the risk if you are doing heavy trolling that a battery may fail. While you may get a replacement if the warranty is still valid, you will have to struggle the rest of the day if you carried only one battery.
Summary Of The Review
This best deep cycle rv battery featuring 20 Hr Capacity of 35AH, Reserve Capacity of 75, Cold Cranking Amperes of 300, and Marine Cranking Amperes of 390, is the best you can get for its price. You are assured of the best performance even in extreme temperatures.
This Minn Kota trolling motor power center makes it to the best batteries of 2018. You are assured of a great trolling day with its huge current reserves. If you manage to arm yourself with two or three of these Minn Kota trolling motor power centers, you can continuously run your motor with small intervals of quick charges. Remember to use its recommended charger. Using the right charger ensure you get the maximum benefits of the technology used to design these batteries.