Kayak Roof Rack helps you to transport your kayak wherever you want. It provides an easy transportation. For the best transportation, you have to install the best kayak roof rack. But, the question is how to install a roof rack. Well, there are so many guides that you can follow for installing a roof rack. I am going to discuss a guide for you here that is the easiest and also most working. Let’s see the guide step by step.
Bolt to Crossbar
- 1. First of all, you have to assemble the kayak rack if needed.
- 2. Then you have to place the rack on one of the roof rack crossbars.
- 3. Then put a carriage bolt through the hole of the metal strap and the kayak rack.
- 4. You have to attach one of the knobs to the carriage bolt.
- 5. Swivel the metal strap under the crossbar and then thread on a carriage bolt.
- 6. Install the another kayak rack following the same process.
- 7. Line up the two kayak racks and then you have to tighten the knobs.
- 8. Now put your kayak to the kayak rack. Make any adjustment if you need before you tight the knobs.
Clamp to Crossbar
- 1. Assemble the kayak rack if it is required.
- 2. After you have to loosen the knob that is on the “T” bolt. Just loosen the knob, don’t remove it.
- 3. Then you have to place the rack on one of the roof rack crossbars.
- 4. Then you need to swing the bail under the crossbar.
- 5. Then fit the bail over the “T” bolt so that it can pass through the opening in the bail.
- 6. Then turn the “T” bolt 90 degrees with your fingers so that it fits into the provided slot.
- 7. Then tighten the knobs.
- 8. Then you can install the other rack following the same process.
- 9. Line up the two kayak racks and then tighten the knobs.
- 10. Finally, place your kayak to the rack. And don’t forget to make any adjustment to the alignment before you tighten the knobs.
That was the step by step guide to install a kayak roof rack quickly. This is the only guide that you should follow.
Last Updated on January 2, 2021 by Leo Evans
Was this article helpful?
Hi, it’s me, Leo Evans. I am a gadget blogger. I have passion over different marine sports and gadgets. My hobbies and experience help me to draw my profession. For my living, I need to investigate and test various gadget and power generator tools I use in my marine and outdoor activities. I share my experience so one can easily understand what should do and what not. My goal is to help others with my work.