What Kind of Battery for Trolling Motor in 2017 Buying Guide
What Kind Of Battery For Trolling Motor
Any angler would know the importance of knowing what kind of battery for trolling motor should be used.
It’s the same thing as knowing how important it is to stay steady during fishing and you can only achieve this by using a good trolling motor. This helps you find fish despite any weather condition.
Having a trolling motor gives you the advantage of finding the best spot to catch fish and the right boat positioning to catch as many fish as you can. With this in mind, we’ve rounded up 5 trolling motors to help you in your search for what would be the best trolling motor for you.
8006-006 34M Blue Top Marine Starting Battery by Optima
- 100 minutes RC for constant performance;
- It's optimal starting power even in bad weather;
- 15 times more resistant to vibration for durability;
The Blue Top Marine Starting Battery by Optima could probably the best trolling motor battery in the market at present. It has the standard 12 Volt power but it’s main selling factor is that it claims to be 15 times more resistant to vibration than other marine batteries.
It has a long battery life and won’t need to be charged often.
8027-127 D27M Blue Top Starting and Deep Cycle Marine Battery by Optima
- Pure lead spiralcell design;
- Spiralcell technology for superior vibration resistance & extended life;
- Tightly compressed cells for added vibration resistance;
If you’re looking for the best marine battery with spiral cell technology, this could be the best trolling motor for you. The spiral cell technology is made up of the purest form of lead and is very durable and vibration resistant.
This battery can be placed in any position and won’t spill because it is sealed very well. It has the standard 12 Volts of power and can run for 140 minutes.
Edge FP-AGM24DP Flat Plate AGM Sealed Marine Battery by Exide
- Non-spillable AGM construction;
- Up to 145 minutes of reserve capacity to operate on board accessories;
- Greater capacity to better handle the heavy loads placed on today's batteries;
The next one in our list to find out what battery to use for trolling motor is the Flat Plate AGM Sealed Marine Battery by Exide. It can be used for deep cycling but a side note on this is to make sure you charge it every time it is not in use.
Its reserve capacity is 145 minutes. The battery is durable and can last a long time.
MR107 12V 85AH Marine AGM SLA Deep Cycle Battery by VMAXTANKS
- 8mm HEX screw in terminals: included;
- Utilize an electrolyte suspension system;
- Heavy duty lead tin alloys provide an extra margin of performance and service life in either float or cyclic applications;
This battery by VMAXTANKS promises a long life of 8 to 10 years. It also gives you a guarantee that it is designed to be spill proof because it has an electrolyte suspension system. It requires no maintenance and is a non-hazardous battery.
MR127 12 Volt 100Ah AGM Deep Cycle SLA Maintenance Free VMAXTANKS
- Float Service Life span of 5 to 8 years;
- No dangerous toxic gas release;
- 3-Sealed Non Spill able Non Hazardous Construction;
Another non-hazardous battery is the Deep Cycle SLA Maintenance Free VMAXTANKS. It is great for rougher waters because it is shock and vibration resistant. VMAXTANKS also boasts on its batteries for having a long lifespan of up to 10 years. It is good to pair any VMAXTANKS battery with a charger from the same company to allow you up to 12 hours of usage per charge.
Some key qualities to remember in choosing the best trolling motor battery for your needs and purposes are knowing if a battery is shock and vibration resistant and how much power it has. These two work well together in a very good trolling motor battery and the other features will be bonuses to suit your needs.