Top 9 Best Marine Battery in The Present Market (Infographic)
Why need to learn which is best marine battery in the present market? Because they are an essential part of your autonomy at sea and they will condition among other things the start of trolling motor, the operation of your navigation tools, windlass, your traffic lights and all elements of domestic comfort. So, you need right power solution. The perfect marine batteries required some important rules like below:
- The essential: The battery produces electricity through the chemical reaction of lead immersed in a sulfuric acid solution. When the reaction is exhausted, it is sufficient to put it into electrical tension to regenerate the solution.
- Starter battery: to start an engine and navigation lights + bilge pump.
- Service battery or slow discharge: to power refrigerator, coolers, windlasses, electric motor. A starter battery used in slow discharge or servitude will not hold because it is not made for this use. Depending on the size of your boat and its habitability you will not have the same needs in terms of power and number of battery on board.
- Start-up: Maximum current over a short period (within the first 10 seconds). At low temperatures, the capacity of the battery to provide a high-current current is paramount. Therefore, the cold starting power, or CCA, is the essential parameter of an SLI battery. A starter battery is used only to start an engine and to associate some small electronics: bilge pump, signal lights, echo sounder.
- Ease or slow discharge: To power electrical systems subjected to repeated stresses. More active material thanks to innovative plate technology, thicker positive plates and / or a higher density of active material lead to a longer life. Excellent cycling resistance even with high discharge depth. The essential parameter in the choice of a service battery is the capacity in ampere-hours (Ah), p. ex. C5, C10 or C20. It is important to carry out a complete energy balance to determine the capacity of the battery bank. A battery of servitude or slow discharge will be used for all the consumers of current: refrigerator, electric motor, windlass, electric coolers.
The high number of fine plates in a starter battery makes it possible to obtain a large total area and hence a very high current flow.
In a backup battery, the use of special separators can extend the life of the battery…
Consideration these required we select top 9 best marine battery in present market and which are included an infographic by below: